Hello good people. It's been a month! The truth is I've been very very busy lately, which I will update you guys from time to time. :) In the mean time, I managed to have a quickie interview with an awesome owner of Outdated, Mr Rom. So, what is Outdated? Well, here goes :
1. What is Outdated and how it begin?
Outdated is an antique, vintage, rétro & unique stuff decor store. Outdated aim to educate Malaysian how to decorate using antique,vintage & retro decor. Not just decorate, it is also about recycle our history & heritage. Outdated also planning to re-create furniture using old stuff. But still in planning stage.
2. Where did you get your stuff from?
Outdated travel all around Malaysia from Johor to Perlis.
3. Do you think antique and vintage are two different things?
Ya, it is different. Above 80's it is Retro, Before 80's it's vintage & way before that it is Antique.
4. Who normally buy these items? Do they have great prospect in the market?
It's hard to say but most of them are designers & cafes/boutique owner. But I also got a rockers & motorcyclist(rempit) who bought my stuff coz it is very nostalgic.
5. What is your most favourite item(s) and what is the most expensive and rare item(s) outdated has/sold so far?
It's hard to say, because people buy everything. But I can say that most of people like something nostalgic like old school bags & luggage, typewriters & study lamps.
More info HERE and this is their FB page.